Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Being the Mitzvah

I missed posting for Tuesday (unless still being up after midnight counts!), but it was an interesting day. At least three stressful issues loomed, but uncharacteristically I took a breath each time and decided things would work out exactly as they were supposed to and I would be fine. The surprising part: it was easy to let go of trying to control everything, and the extra energy freed up space for a call from a dear friend, a freelance check that arrived early, and a productive research day. When I stopped worrying about trying to control the uncontrollable in my own life, I realized I felt much lighter and had more energy for others.

The Chopra Center’s web site posts daily devotions culled from Deepak Chopra
s Seven Spiritual Laws of Success. Today made me think of one of my favorites:
I will make a commitment to keep wealth circulating in my life by giving and receiving life’s most precious gifts: the gifts of caring, affection, appreciation and love. Each time I meet someone, I will silently wish them happiness, joy and laughter.

Today’s mitzvah:
See above!


No comments: