Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Mango Paper. And Banana, Lemon, and Coffee.

In this week’s Ecobunga! newsletter, I stumbled across a whole world of “tree-free” paper. Made from what I gather are the bi-products from fruit and coffee processing, combined with some post-consumer content recycled paper, Ecopaper.com has a very pretty array made from your choice of mangoes, lemons, bananas, or even coffee. The site says all the paper is laser printer compatible, and the Banana Paper looks like it might be white. The venture started as a way to make use of the waste products from Costa Rican banana and coffee production. It’s an intriguing concept (and summery), so I thought I’d share. And now I want a mango and some coffee . . . who knew paper could make me hungry?

Image © 2008 by Ecopaper.com.

Enjoy this post? Click here for daily feeds.

1 comment:

Moonchild Dancing! said...

Wonderful paper! Thank you for sharing. :) I really enjoy your site.