- Proportional giving: $45.34
- Savings account interest: $.86
- Found money (not much this month): $.27
- Rebates for using my own grocery bags: $.40
- Change jar (not full yet! I keep using dimes for sodas): $0.00
- Balance forward: $30.68
- NEW TOTAL: $77.55
Cool, this could add up to something noticeable by the end of the year. I’ll continue to post an update each month and keep a running total on the blog’s upper right column, with the goal of making a contribution to one or more nonprofits at the end of the year.
Today’s mitzvah: Consider creating a “charity piggy bank” to collect small sums for a year-end charitable contribution.